Nov 15, 22, Dec 6, 13 (skipping Nov 29 for holiday)
6:30pm ET – 9pm ET. Location: on Zoom
- BIG focus on navigating and troubleshooting SELF-TAPES and ZOOM (and the like) auditions as well as IN-PERSON auditions.
- Tech and creative preparation based on a range of her 25 years of experience in casting sessions and her discussions with casting director colleagues, producers, ad agency creatives, and directors.
- Learn how to use your film/tv training and experience to stand out in your commercial auditions.
- As a member of CSA’s Commercial Committee, Erica is on top of the current issues and changes in the business that help keep actors in the know and on top of their game. Erica’s classes cover a range of perspectives.
- From her work casting commercials for Grey Advertising, Telsey Casting, Kipperman Casting, and her own casting office Erica Palgon Casting & Beyond.
- A wealth of information and practical experience in this workshop!
ABOUT ERICA PALGON:
Always busy Erica cast talent in commercials for Google, Unisom, Covergirl, Absolut, Apple Watch, Dunkin, Intel, Milkbone, Sobe Superbowl commercial, Pantene, T-Mobile, Panera Bread, Nature Made, PSA with Michelle Obama, tons of promos and commercials for Comedy Central, and many more….Erica also has years of experience working on films and tv: Full Frontal with Samantha Bee, Rachel Dratch’s Late Night Snack on TruTV, Dark (exec prod Joe Dante film, w/Brendan Sexton III), The Project (w/Michael Stahl David, Matt Servitto), Hannah Has A Ho Phase (film w/Kate McKinnon), Sesame Street, Say Yes to the Dress; ESPY awards, host casting for History, Lifetime, A&E, and Discovery Channel.
Prior to starting her own casting office, Erica is proud to have worked for 10 years for Susan Shopmaker Casting, collaborating with Susan on the casting of commercials, theater, and notable films “Just Like the Son” (with Mark Webber), “Hedwig and The Angry Inch,” “Shortbus,” “Great World of Sound” (Craig Zobel, dir.), “Mean Girls” (NY Casting) and more…Erica’s other past casting experience includes working for Judy Henderson Casting, Jerry Beaver Casting, and Liz Lewis Casting on a variety of films, tv, commercials, and theater.
She absolutely loves being hands-on and encouraging actors, whether it’s in auditions or her classes. Erica is inspired by their success stories and is always excited to be a part of their journey!
“ERICA PALGON: Erica Palgon of Erica Palgon Casting & Beyond is a NYC Casting Director for films, commercials, voice-over, TV, and webseries.
She has cast for countless top brands, worked with a range of directors, producers and actors in her 25 years in the business.
Erica’s commercial credits include:
Intel, Milkbone, Nature Made, T-Mobile, Google, Disney, Boars Head, Unisom, Target, Apple Watch, PayPal, Global Girls Alliance campaign with Michelle Obama ..
Comedy Central commercials for Burger King, Twix, McDonald’s, Subway, Twizzlers, Geico, Uber, Dave & Busters, promos for Amy Schumer show, Broad City, Tosh.0, South Park, Secret Lives of Pets 2…
Erica expanded her love of collaborating, working freelance for several NYC casting companies, among them Grey Advertising where she has cast for their top clients: Longhorn, Pantene, Gillette, Pringles, Febreze, Olive Garden, Trulicity, Invesco, Hasbro.
She also has cast for Telsey & Co commercial department: Discover, Dollar Shave Club, Uber GE… and Kipperman Casting: Dunkin’, Macy’s, Applebees, Rybelsus, Hyundai, Revlon, JP Morgan Chase, Fanduel, Firehouse Subs..
For more on Erica’s casting work check out her website: www.ericapalgon.com “